Friday, September 23, 2005

More Credibility for Egyptian Bloggers

I was checking my referral sites, I found “Points Chauds” is one of them. It has a whole section about Egypt titled “Égypte : démocratie... ou chaos ?”. It is amazing such a huge big effort. It has part about Egypt’s history, maps, demographical information, books…etc. That’s all good, no doubt, but the nicest thing that there is a page on references and guess what, there is a list of Egyptian bloggers, that included me, standing shoulder-to-shoulder to the government and press sources. The list included the Egybloggers but also specifically Miss Mabrouk of Egypt, Sphinx, Freedom for Egyptians, Omar Salem, The Arabist Network, One Arab World, Egyptian Person , Rantings of a Sandmonkey ,Baheyya, The Big Pharaoh, From Cairo.

This is an astounding recognition to the brains of bloggers, despite their different styles. They only believe in freedom of expression which brought many skills and talents to the surface. It is just sad that many Egyptian bloggers who write in Arabic are not given their due despite their enormous contribution to the blogosphere.

Viva Freedom of Expression!

4 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing me to this post and article! I do agree, different styles and opinions are important, I cheer every bloggers efforts in this regard, even if we are miles apart sometimes, it is more important that the opinions are voiced.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

We agree on the right to freely express ourselves.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger مصرى أوى said...

I read the article and I am very proud about it.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

Thanks مصراوي أوي for your comment. We should all be proud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home