Friday, January 20, 2006

I am branded as a Coptic Site

I am so proud to announce that I am included among Coptic sites on The Coptic Web Directory. I knew this long time ago since I started my blog but as you know I do not really care about talking religion here, since it is a personal matter for everyone. But I have some personal stories of oppression from other Muslims in Cairo that I would like to share with you. Just to let you know that some Muslims do not only oppress peoples of other faiths but people from their own religion.

But talking about the ugly incident of Luxor of yesterday, which I feel the obligation to write about since it touches other Egyptian citizens' rights as well as equality and freedom in our society, I want to say that me and my blog feel honored to belong to the Coptic Web Directory. I will be happy to belong to the Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu sites...etc as long as we believe in each others' right to have different faiths.

5 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

Egypeter, We are all at the end of the day humans and that's the most important thing.

I am so sorry to hear about the death of one of the victims.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Noblese said...

Came across your blog at random ... thanks for your posts and links

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger DavidNic said...

I was doing some posts on Coptic Traditions for the week of Christian Unity on my blog. I knew about how terrible Coptic Christians are treated, but was not as aware of the extent.

Do you know if Coptic Orphans is a good charity to support. They seem to be, but if you know more about them and other groups I would like to know. You can let me know through my blog at

http://italiancatholic.blogspot.com/

The Coptic Christians are now always in my prayers.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't we all Copts?

 
At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Freedom ,
its an honour to know an intelligent Egyptian like you !
Copt=Gypt from the Greek Aegyptos
i.e. : Coptic means Egyptian
so ,You could be a Coptic Christian,Coptic Moslim,Coptic anything else !
in brief , We Love you Whoever You are !
Sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home