Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sandmonkey, There is no lost Battle

Sandmonkey wrote today, he is "having a serious case of apathy, writer's block, depression, annoyance, boredom"... " am pretty much fed up for the moment about how incredibly stupid everything is,… but for some reason it is not, and I just don't have the energy anymore. This sandmonkey is tired. He is tired of ranting, tired of explaining,” he added. This is incredibly understandable. Your brain is not a washing machine or a dish washer, you can turn it on and off when you want. These are very precious cells, if chemicals get scrambled, you know where you can end up. I always believed good communicators with the self are excellent communicators with the others. Get yourself sometime to communicate with yourself and get your blogging power back.

Everything is understandable and acceptable about your break except for one thing that I could not digest today while drinking my coffee and this really augurs bad. SM said tired of fighting a lost battle. My energy is depleted, and I have been running on empty for a while now, and I am this close to giving up. I need some rest.”

If your energy is low then take a break and get some fresh air somewhere. As for the lost battle, in fact there is no lost battle Sandmonkey. There is always an honor for being in a battle whether you are on the right or wrong side. So many people end up their lives feeling empty-handed because they went through no battles in their lives. Life is a series of battles, not being in a corrupt crazy country with people who do not speak your language, people battle with a disease, disability, impossible existence for countless reasons, ...etc whether we survive them or not we win the honor of the battle which is so honorable. I do not want to grow old to tell everyone I lived selfishly happy. At least I want to be able to tell myself, I stood up for what I believe in.

Ok we all know that, you are a blogaholic, no one can beat on that. He said “This won't be a long rest though, because, let's face it, I am a blogaholic. But the truth is, I need to relax. I have been doing this without a break for 14 months straight and I am winded. It could be a day or a week, but chances are it won't be longer than that.” Do not make it long, the jungle cannot survive with the "Arab Sandmonkey". Do not make it long. I might be on a forced to go on a "Break" but unlike your reasons it will be because my windows is crashing....I am really pissed off. Oh and by the way "Curious George" is in trouble these days, he may be in need of your support Sandmonkey.

6 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Asher Abrams said...

Beautiful post, Freedom! Thanks for the morale booster. Hope Sandmonkey is listening.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

awww :)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

Enjoy your break:)

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Superluli said...

ehm, how come you guys blog so much?!
Are you reporters? Is it your job to blog? do you get paid for it?!

Coz even with my mindnumbingly boring job, and long weekends, i never have the time to blog so often.

I am seriously puzzled about FFE and SM!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

Superluli,

I wish I am paid for my blogging:) but it is an activity rather than a job. Blogging is a very enjoyable activity for me for so many reasons

May be I should meet you to talk about blogging.

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... I've often wondered this same question myself - you are both such amazingly prolific writers. It's great that you can do it (love both your blogs) but is it your full time job away from work??? What makes it even more impressive (yes, this is totally non-politically correct, sorry) is that English presumably isn't your first language and yet you both have a better command of the language than many native speakers do.

Hope you both can continue with the blogging w/o getting burned out or disillusioned. Maintaining the necessary balance between idealism, realism, and cynicism is never easy and is the key difference between a life of satisfaction and fullfillment and a life of continual frustration and disappointment.

No matter what happens, thanks for all the great blog entries. Hang in there, SM. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home