Cindy Sheehan in Egypt
I thought of this crazy idea imaging Cindy Sheehan is in Egypt being a pain in the neck for President Mubarak. I imagined the reactions in Egypt. Reactions in Egypt will have nothing to do with bi-partisan, Republicans or Democrats, pro and anti-war folks, fox news or CNN. It will have to do with how one sole determiner with absolute power treats the citizens.
- Protests’ interpretation: A hired agent by an enemy country. She was paid to distort the reputation of Egypt abroad and destabilize state security.
- Press and mass media: A nationwide campaign in the national and so-called opposition newspapers with evidence that she was paid by Israel and the US to threaten national sovereignty. President Mubarak replies, “Egypt preserves the right to its sovereignty and we do not accept foreign interference in domestic politics. This is a mere internal situation.”
- Ministry of the Interior part: Cindy Sheehan is raped in one of the demonstrations and all her clothes were ripped off. All her family members are interrogated and their phone calls are intercepted because they are regarded as state threat. Some of her family members receive threats from security entities if she does not stop as a punishment to all of them. Some of her young family members will be denied job opportunities.
- On street demonstrations: Cindy and her group might be crushed by an army of blind soldiers who do not listen except to the voice of their officer.
- Anticipated reactions: Cindy Sheehan might be shot dead by the President’s guards as they did with a poor man from Port Said City few years ago when he tried to submit a request to the President.
- Unconventional ways: Bribery by the regime which could be money or a position in the policies secretariat of the ruling National Democratic Party (NDP).
- Coercive disappearance: Cindy could disappear forever and then papers will say last seen buying groceries near her house when she was kidnapped in the middle of the night.