Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Americans Visiting Egypt in Record Numbers!


Good for You Egypt... Wonderful. Many of my American friends keep asking me these eternal questions: "Is Egypt safe to visit?", "Is it safe to say I am an American?". There is no guarantee that there is a safe place now in our crazy world as long as fundamentalism is living in some pockets of the world. But hey there are thousands of Americans who made to Egypt and came back home safe.

Record Growth to Egypt Comes as Robb Report Names Egypt as One of World's '10 Extraordinary Escapes'

NEW YORK, Aug. 2 -- More Americans are travelling to Egypt than at any time in history! American visits are now on pace to eclipse the record-setting year of 2000.

During the first six months of 2006, there were 118,044 American visits, surpassing last year's total by 20.1% and the record-setting 2000 number of 114,468 by 3%. The record-setting performance was bolstered in June 2006 when there were 19,656 American visits, a 16.6% increase over the same period in 2005. More...

4 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Cathie said...

well, i'm sure we can thank israel for the drop off that is bound to happen in light of recent events in the mena region. americans can't distinguish between the two places.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Russell said...

I am an American and have been living in Egypt now for over seven months. I keep having people call me and ask are you ok. I say, ya sure, why? They o well Lebanon.

If they lived in Boston, and there was a war in Florida (which is bound to happen soon) I wouldn't be so worried about my friend in Boston.

People back home must think I'm some kind of daredevil for living "over here." Keep coming tourists. Beware of the taxi drivers.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would anyone want Americans to visit their country?

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be visiting with my Egyptian husband. No one has ever asked me if I'm afraid - but then I live in NYC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home