Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Baby

My baby is turning three years this month. I cannot believe how time has passed so quickly. On June 25, 2005, my baby was born in a good shape. I am an only daughter so is my baby. Elder kids like me are born independent so is my baby. She is not totally fatherless. She has a father who witnessed and “inspired” her birth. Remotely he saw her growing everyday, proud of her. He frequently fed her, though busy moving between places. She was not born within wedlock, but who cares. She does not need papers. I do not find a problem taking her anywhere and cross borders with her. I do not mind leaving her alone by herself, she knows how to strike friendships and play and talk with other people of all ages. I never worry about her. Like all kids, they change their parents’ lives. She changed my life too. However, I did not have to shut down other rooms in my life especially for her. I created a room for her in my life but not at the expense of others in my life. I look at her and I see part of me. Sometimes, I think that I am her kid. She takes all my moods and whims. She keeps my secrets. I say what I want to say in front of her without embarrassment and without abusing her. She does not mind. She is so naughty and playful. She attracts attention everywhere she goes. I get lots of comments from her viewers that I have to respond. Her friends became my friends. I had to accompany her to public gatherings and talk about her. I can never be more proud when I am applauded for her. I do not take care of her everyday as I used to be in her first months. She is getting older and she takes care of some of her stuff. Last year I thought of getting her a sibling, but I thought it is too much work. I am so busy. She has already millions of siblings from all over the world. They keep her entertained.

And because she is turning three this month, two weeks ago my baby joined baby day care while I am busy doing other things in my life. I am giving her an opportunity to mingle, deal and care for other siblings of different nationalities and also help her grow in a different healthy direction. I have been preparing her for this moment since last April and so far she is doing well. “Freedom for Egyptians”, you are three years old, but I feel as if I knew you all my life. You were somewhere in my mind all those years waiting to be born!

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Ack...you had me right to the end!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Marco Oliveira said...

Congratulations for your Blog!
:-)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary !

You had me going until about halfway through! Cute post, Freedom :)

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

I pulled your leg:))

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations FFE,

your blog is one of my favorites.

you caught me also in this one :))

Egyptian in Germany

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger EgyPeter said...

I was soooo confused :)

Anyway, mabrouk on your blog and kudos to you for spreading tolerance and peace, FFE!

I don't doubt that when you do have a little baby that child will be quite lucky :)

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for remaining in the game so long!

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

3o'bal 100 sana :).

Wish her 100 years :).

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Gateway Pundit said...

Wonderful! Congratulations!

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam! There are very few blogs Middle Eastern blogs that I value posts in and linking to and from; yours is one. Please note: I have changed the URL of my blog. I had to. Apologies.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

Wonderful post.

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 years, and still a shitty neocon blog pretending to be interested in "freedom."

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a http://www.klamaraby.com/vb/

Come and check it out if you get time

regards

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have just re-decorated our home for the childrens sake we have a property in southern italy that we love, we spend about seven months a year there.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger arachesostufo said...

happy birthday from venice

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Col. B. Bunny said...

Hello, from the U.S.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

حريتنا المصريه المسلوبه
لماذا لاتصبحين يوما رئيسه لكل المصريين بما تحتويه من حب جارف لكرامة وسمعه وقيمة الانسان المصرى بالداخل والخارج أننى أدعوك وبشده للترشيح وسأكون أنا أو منتخبيك علما بأننى أرشح الحقوقى السعودى عبد العزيز الملحم لنفس المهمه ببلده وهو كفوء لها رغم تكسير عظامه وأشكره على أهتمامه بصفوة المجتمع المصرى من أساتذة الجامعات والذين يلقون المهانه على أيدى الصعاليك والرعاع من شعوب دنيويه قبليه جاهليه عقيمه ولك منى تحياتى وأمنياتى القلبيه لك وللحقوقيين بكل مكان والمضهدين بكافة أرجاء المعموره كل الحب والتقدير
فارس المصرى
فارس فرسان بنى مزار
صعيد مصر الثائر

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous pheromones said...

There are very few blogs Middle Eastern blogs that I value posts in and linking to and from; yours is one and I truly enjoyed this one very much.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Here is my baby.

egypt-unveiled.blogspot.com

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Col. B. Bunny said...

Greetings to FFE. I remember you and hope you are well. I miss your intelligent commentary.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Kavi said...

Wow, and congratulations!
Good environs make good life!

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Col. B. Bunny said...

I hope you are well, FFE!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Njl59 said...

God bless you freedom fighter! welcome to the new world as one. As a US citizen I support you! Now keep up the fight and lets all live in Pease.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home