Thursday, March 08, 2007

To My Girls... Happy Woman's Day

Today is Woman’s Day. I am dedicating this blog post to a very special dear group of friends. It happened that this group is all made of the greatest girlfriends I had ever had in my life. Despite places, travel, work, studies, husbands, children and different time zones, we always find a way to connect, communicate and remain together as group. It was very difficult for the eight of us during the past few years to meet together physically in one place. The internet, however, can bring all of us together. We did not plan to have a group of women only, but it happened that our department or my class at university had the most refined girls but the worst men ever (no offense). Today, I want to celebrate my girls and I want to thank them for:

Being my best friends;
The best four years of my life in college and the following years;
All the jokes we share;
Our continuous attempts to grow mature in vain;
Keeping the uniqueness of each one of us;
Making fun of each other without being judgmental;
Sharing families, parents, sisters and brothers;
Being funny yet with some little brains;
Accepting all the differences we have;
Insisting on going to the same places;
Almost dying in some car accidents;
All the fun we make of guys;
Sharing the love stories and heartbreaks;
Knowing that we are never alone;
All those funny string emails that we keep replying to;
Saying stupid and nonsense things;
The Hilarious time every time we meet;
Laughing loud;
Playing games;
Giving Nicknames;
Celebrating birthdays, engagements, weddings, and children;
The Travels and trips;
Getting naughty and feeling sexy about it;
Making jokes about getting old;
Fighting without getting angry or upset;
Sharing the pain and tears;
Being there for each other;
Remembering our memories;
Giving needed and unneeded advice;
The sisters I never had;
Dreaming together and;
So many other things.....

Today, I do not feel like saying speeches about women’s history or day. I simply want to celebrate my friends who make the best women group in the world. A toast to all of us where ever we are! For the very special friendship that brings happiness and laughter to our lives every day…. Happy Woman's Day my Girls!...

4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Woman's day to you too dear,
Remember,
You are the one in green,
N is the one in purple,
S is the one in Red,

... and I am the one taking the photo;)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

I know who you are:)))))))))

You are insisting on taking the photo, but this is not going to happen, you know why?? Because I have been always the photographer of the group... la la la...

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Freedom

Happy Woman's Day. Look, I don't want to spoil the party, but did you receive my questions?

I'm waiting...

all my best

Douglas

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Women's Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home