Saturday, October 01, 2005

"See you Tomorrow" is leaving us

Most Egyptians are expected at least once to be at this gigantic monster in their lifetime. I personally have been there thrice.

I got so used to it that I do not know how can we survive without this amount of bureaucracy.To where the government is going to take its bloody control over our lives? What about the millions of people that work there? Will they be made redundant?

I really cannot count how many ministries are functioning from there just for ancillary business because they have their own buildings in other places. My experience there was with the ministry of heath, social affairs and the interior. I am sure there are more. Anyway...

The Washington Post is bidding the monster goodbye with us. Photo by: Hassan Jamali AP

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Egyptian Person said...

Every time I see this thing I feel I am in the Soviet Union.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

It is a strong embodiment to government control, monopoly and bureaucracy.

And it is UGLY:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home