Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bad News for the Muslim Brotherhood

Zeinab Radwan was hired as a Deputy Speaker for the Egyptian Parliament, replacing Amal Osman. Osman won a seat in Parliament though.

Radwan is a tough nut. I have attended two-week training on human rights in Cairo a couple of years ago and she was one of the lecturers and that was the first time I met this genius woman whom she irritated lots of males attending the same training, but this is not the important part. I discovered a mine of progressive Islamic knowledge. I have to admit that I was stunned with admiration after she ended her lecture.

She is among the Muslim Egyptians who says out loud that that there is nothing in Islam that proves that head scarves is obligatory as many Islamic clerics try to propagate the idea. This is to name it but few on her progressive stands from Islam. She has such strong personality as well. Congratulations Zeinab Radwan!

7 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful remark but let us not forget she is an NDP person and therefore part of the system of patronage that keeps Egypt in its grasp for already half a century.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

I know that puts hundreds of question marks on her and her integrity. But this has been the NPD game, buying people to work for the regime. But I want to remain positive and hope for a change. Let's not be negative. I am don't want the dinosauric regime's NDP and their allies of the Muslim brotherhood.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know if she's married? I don't really have any big prejidice against older women. :)

Oh, and I would love you to write a big post about Arab women in general: Egyptians, Morroccans, Jordanians, Lebanese, Syrians, etc.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

This anonymous comment is an evidence of an Arab mentality who does not look at women except from one angle which is whether she was capable of maintaining a man in her life or not.

There is no such thing called Arab women. Within the borders of my country there are lots of different regions of different traditions. Women living in each part have their own identities.

I don't like the word "in general". I do not like my life to compared with the Saudi women lives who you probably call Arabs as well.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why bad news for the Muslim Brotherhood? It is bad news for all Egyptians except NDP thugs! Do you think she will fight for our freedom? I do not think so! I find it rediculous that you are linking between progressive and head scarfs!!!

Sally Ebeed

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not fond of a woman or any humanbeing that is getting bought by this regime. Fuck Zeinab and all NDP members!

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is an NDP appointed bitch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home