Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I do not want to serve tea, am I allowed?

· I do not want to be depicted as serving tea to some peasants as the image of the so-called ruling National Party candidate shows in his national newspaper. May I? My family did not educate me to be figured as serving tea, excuse me!
· Secret negotiations between President Mubarak’s aides and Egyptians judges! Please welcome bribery and corruption factors to the march of democracy in Egypt!

· Mubarak is calling Sharon the only man left to make peace. Am I allowed here to remember assassinated President Anwar Al Sadat who's peace legacy was crushed forever by President Mubarak ? Ladies and Gentlemen Egypt celebrates Sinai’s Liberation Day instead of celebrating a national day for peace. Did we really liberate Sinia? I am sorry but I have a tendency to be proud of peace more than a war.

· Is there a possibility to remind our reverend presidential candidates running for the Egypt’s biggest electoral farce in our history that we need to hear of any vice president even if it is a dummy one? Mubarak was one day a vice president. He only came to power because President Sadat was assassinated. That was his only qualification for 24 years ruling Egypt.

· May I ask why Mubarak is being interviewed by the Israeli newspaper Yediot Aharonot? If any Egyptian citizen attempts to contact an Israeli citizen, his telephone is tapped, he/she is traced wherever they go and an informer may come and visit home to check…etc, if not attacked by security. Mubarak will be also visiting Israel after the election play is over. May I ask also why the Egyptian regime is following a double standard policy, lying to the world as portraying Egypt’s warm relations with Israel while terrorizing its citizens if they dared?

· Being Egyptian citizen I m entitled to know what kind of investigation is conducted following Sharm El Sheikh attacks that ended up with rounding up 650 fellow Egyptians. Did anyone heard of Scotland Yard following the London attacks arresting hundreds of British citizens? I wonder if the Egyptian police have better techniques in conducting investigations that the Egyptian ministry of the interior would like to share with us as citizens or with the world to further combat terrorism everywhere. It is time to stop arbitrary arrests and oppression. My only worry is that the regime of Egypt is practicing and rehearsing to replace the 24 year old Emergency Law with the suggested Anti-terrorism Law.

· I started reading Nelson Mandela’s biography (Nelson Mandela, In his own Words), which is a number of his speeches since he started his struggle against Apartheid and until becoming President. I do not know why this Arab world, if there is any, did not bring a great hero like Nelson Mandela? I have to admit, one of the reasons why I love South Africa , though I did not visit it, is because of Mandela’s greatness. I also congratulate South African people on 11 years of democracy and on Nelson Mandela...Great nation, great hero.. If we cannot enjoy democracy, at least be happy for others. When I finish reading the book I ll let you know my impressions.

· I noticed that the name of Egyptian Nobel laureate Ahmed Zuweil is being circulated as a president or Prime Minster candidate. It is not a big surprise. Israel’s first president, Chaim Weizmann, (1948-1952) was a scientist. Knowing that Israel is the only democracy in the region, hopefully Iraq will follow pursuit, it is an idea to be taken into consideration.

· Middle Easterners trust American media. In view of the bias corrupt Arab media, Radio Sawa and Al-hurra TV channel, which the latter means "the free" in Arabic, must win. I am not surprised, because the free and freedom must win. CONGRATULATIONS!. Read Gateway Pundit's blog on same topic.

P.S. Second image is from Cairo Magazine: thugs of the regime beating demonstrators in Egypt.

4 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

israel is not the only democracy, Iran got democracy too for instance

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

You are right despite the form of regime. Good correction. Thanks. By the way I have a message for you to convey. I ll send you an email today.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is proven again that Mubarak permits himself more than his fellow Egyptians. I thought that since the demise of the Roman Empire the expression "Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi" was a dead letter. But not in the Middle East and particularly not in Egypt.

Everyone who is not part of the clan is considered a suspect and he or she can be apprehended or mistreated at anytime. Proof of this attitude is the ease with the large number of arrests were made after any event, which remotely threatened the regime. So if all but the ones who have proven to be loyal to the regime are prima facie suspects what does this tell you about the superior bull?

Right: the rest of the Egyptians are just cows for milking in one way or another. I suspect Mubarak drinks his tea with lots of milk. Whole fat of course.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

Hi sophisticated anonymous,

Thanks for yor comment, but before i reply, let me first explain what you wrote "what is permitted to Jupiter is not permitted to a cow".

Here is a reply from the cow.

Unfortunately the Middle East has more than one God that thinks he will continue to milk his cows forever.

Dictatorship had never survived in any chapter of the history. That's my only condolence at this point.

Please come and visit again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home