Saturday, January 14, 2006

Celebrate the Right to Dream with Dr. King

The United States celebrates the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King this Monday as a national holiday. If we are to name social change leaders for the 20th century, there is no doubt that Dr. King will be on top of the list.

Martin Luther King’s dream became the dream of the humanity but in different forms not only Black Americans. On Monday, I will celebrate my dreams and I will remind myself to stand for what I dream of in life.

True leaders do not only succeed in bringing one dream into reality but they keep our dreams alive and bring hope into the hearts of many.

Twelve years ago, another leader followed the pursuit of Dr. King. South African Leader Nelson Mandela could have set fire into the hearts of the black South Africans after long bitter years of imprisonment, however instead he chose peace, forgiveness and reconciliation with the bitter part of his life. He chose South Africa not himself.

From Dr. King’s speech “I have a dream”, I love the last part where he says "let Freedom ring...". At this part, I truly feel his love to his country. He had the chance to bring more hatred and bitterness into the hearts of the black American people who believed in him, but in stead he made them believe in their country and gave them hope in a better tomorrow, something that I miss. Sometimes I feel I need to be reminded that I should continue to believe in my country no matter how cruel it gets.

Gateway Pundit thinks that Middle Eastern bloggers can follow the pursuit of Dr. King.

3 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on! check out:
www.article19.org

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well said - very moving. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts in this post and others - I love your blog! You (and other ME bloggers) are so brave and it is a continual reminder to me not to ever take the freedoms and liberties I enjoy in my country for granted. I can only hope that your dreams of freedom in Egypt will come true and I know that, in time, they must. History shows that democracy and freedom are on the march around the world and that the human spirit as embodied by Dr. King and Nelson Mandela can never be contained.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

Last Anonymous,

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me.

Happy MLK Day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home