Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"Freedom for Egyptians" Live with BBC tonight on Egypt's Local Elections' Postponment

In less than two hours from now, I ll be live again with BBC's Up All Night Program to talk about Egypt's Government's decision to postpone Local Council/Municipality's elections for two years that was due April this year. The US criticized the Egyptian Government today.

The Muslim Brotherhood are crying foul game.

To learn about it you can tune in tonight at 8:15 PM EST time and 3:15 AM Cairo Local Time, I will be commenting on that topic.

The program is "Up All Night", a four hour live show "every night of the year". You can listen to me LIVE on the program! I am extremely excited about it, so please listen.Again, internet users can hear the program by logging on http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive, and following the links to listen live. The program is broadcast from 0100-0500 GMT (5 hours ahead of Washington, and 3 hours behind Cairo)...

Ok, I am done with the interview, I will write about it tomorrow (Wednesday). Yesterday, I have also started a post on the election postonment. I will post both tomrrow, now I am running late for a Valentine's Day dinner...

The good news, both MP3 files for the two interviews will be available very soon..

Previous Interview:
My Interview with the BBC's Up All Night
BBC's "Up All Night" with "Freedom for Egyptians"

4 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Yay, I found you this time! You have a good voice - I expected a British accent, but you sound American :)

For anybody else who wants to find the right interview, it's the Wednesday one from this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/upallnight.shtml

FFE is about 15 minutes into it. If you select the "listen using stand alone real player" option you can zip forward to the 15 minute mark and you'll be there :)

Free bonus, you can hear FFE's first name when they introduce her :D

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

Did you think I will have a British accent because I am talking to the BBC?

Thanks for listening. I have to admit I was extremely tired, I am writing a blog on the Local elections in Egypt.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Hi FFE,

"Did you think I will have a British accent because I am talking to the BBC?"

No, no reason at all... just my imagination :)

Most the Egyptians I've met in the US have an American accent. Mona ElTahaway is the only Egyptian I've ever heard with a British accent.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

But you are right, most of English language schools in Cairo including my school adopt the British way of education. I do not know why. That goes without saying unless the school has the name "American....". May be because we were under the British occupation for some time. I had never asked myself why Egypt is going for the British English?

I like both, the American and British, but now I am more bias to the American:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home