Saturday, April 29, 2006

Back to the United States

Here am I back again to United States. I have spent the past five weeks in Cairo. Lots to be said about the trip and about my experience living between Egypt and U.S for the last couple of years at the very different levels. Every time I go to Egypt, I see it from a different perspective. I also find new changes.

Lots of sad and promising events have been taking place in Egypt recently. Politics have been heating up in Egypt in an unprecedented pace. Apprehension, fear and anger are in the air among Egyptians. I did not have much time to blog while in Egypt, I tried my best though. However, now I have a lot to blog about.

Blogging is flourishing in Egypt. I had a couple of meetings with some academic researchers who are studying Egyptian blogging and I had my say. I have some nice pics from Egypt, not that much though as I wanted. I guess I was busy talking.

I have enjoyed my trip tremendously. I had a very heavy agenda and I ended up with not doing everything I wanted. It was a successful trip though and so many blog-related arrangements were nailed down for future projects.

6 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Noblese said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to your new posts and impressions.

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI FFE,

I am glad you had a good and insightful trip. I look forward to your blogs.
I always have the same problem when I visit Egypt: lots of plans that do not get done but always enjoy it,

Egyptian in Germany

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Any news on the internal enquiry into the massacre of the African refugees at Mustafa Mahmoud?

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Barsawad said...

Waiting to hear all about your recent visit and experience! This just in!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending a post on Egyptian politics;
http://truckandbarter.com/mt/archives/2006/04/the_appeal_of_b.html
The Appeal of Bin Laden and Al-Qaida

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Gateway Pundit said...

Glad to hear you are back. I look forward to hear more about your trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home