Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I cried when I saw this picture

Two-year old Mohammed wanted to have his fingers stained with ink just like his father, so the two went back to the electoral table at the central polling station in Copenhagen, Tuesday, December 13, 2005, to get the little proof of democracy. Photo by AP

Aqui Al-Hirez and his 13-month-old son Mussilm show off their inked index fingers. Photo by Reuters. Because of those children the US is Winning in Iraq and that's why Iraqis are dancing. Those children will grow up to tell their childhood memories and will be determined to carry their parents' legacy.

I grew up in country with no memories of practicing my citizenship. People are humiliated because they are ruled, not because they rule. Onwards Iraq to Freedom, Deomcracy and Peace. I will dream with you.

4 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Superluli said...

i am so jealous

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Mad Minerva said...

Beautiful photos!

The dream of freedom is alive!

I especially love how the children are involved. They will be the future.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Wonderful pics, Freedom. I'm watching the voting on the news right now, here in the US. I imagine it will be the big story all day tomorrow, on our news.

I voted for you agin, Stefania :)

Such a close race for 3rd... there are 4 contenders within 50 votes of eachother!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

The election is a big step towards democracy in the Middle East.

Stefania I voted for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home