Thursday, August 25, 2005

I Do Not NEED an Owner

Reporters without Borders is pleading for imprisoned Libyan internet writer Abdel Razak Al Mansouri’s freedom. Reporters Without Borders wrote to Seif al-Islam Gaddafi, the president of the Gaddafi Foundation, asking him to intercede on behalf of imprisoned cyber-dissident Abdel Razak Al Mansouri and seek his release. The efforts of RSF are very much appreciated, but it sounds to me as very humiliating. Looks like Middle Eastern citizens are owned by their leaders who can grant them their FREEDOM. Where does this happen in the world? Why are we owned? Because we did not choose! ALAS! I want to choose, I do not want to be owned to be granted my freedom.

On same topic, read my previous blog on Al Mansouri.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

شكرا علي دعوتكم الكريمة لزيارة الموقع
كل التمنيات الطيبة
صلاح الدين محسن
26/8/2005

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to point to the following piece of text which is probably the pinnacle of all wordings, describing human relations. It goes like this: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." (US Declaration of Independence 1776)

I will leave it that. Thank you very much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home